Dozing polar bear, Indianapolis Zoo

Friday, March 23, 2007

More, please

May I take just a moment, here -- one of those ho-hum blogular moments about what you did at 2:33 p.m. or how many times you had to pee or whether you bought a new vacuum cleaner -- to note that, holy cow, homemade hummus is one of the pure delights of the human condition? By that I mean the one that came into being this afternoon when I threw into the food processor a couple of cans of organic chick peas, a couple of tablespoons of organic tahini, the juice of a lemon, two garlic cloves, 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt and enough extra virgin olive oil to get it to the desired consistency.

Into this sublime concoction I dipped some whole wheat pita bread pieces, whereupon my eyes rolled back into my head and a great burble of satisfaction emanated from my throat.

Ahem. I should get back to work.

No comments: