Dozing polar bear, Indianapolis Zoo

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Texas

I think I may need to spend more time in Texas. As soon as I stepped off the jetway in Houston this morning, my Quirk-o-Meter started blinking. I don't know whether it was the guy riding around on an airport cart playing the accordion and singing, the fact that at 7:00 a.m. the longest food line was at the barbecue joint, or the woman sitting next to me who kindly assured me before she relocated that it was the sun, not me and my family, that prompted her move. I've spent some time in the Hill Country doing photography, and I read enough Austin-based bloggers to know that's a pretty interesting place. But I'm starting to think it may be fun to nose around the entire state.

I'd love to find a place as quirky as Montana.

No comments: