Dozing polar bear, Indianapolis Zoo

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Not too shabby

For his work bringing attention to the climate crisis, Al Gore has been nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize. It's not a secret that I think global warming is the most critical issue the world faces, and I don't think I've concealed my admiration for Mr. Gore. I'm delighted with this nomination.

And I enthusiastically concur with this sentiment from Shakespeare's Sister:
Cool. And now think about how he was supposed to be our president and try not to collapse into a wailing heap with a great gnashing of teeth and dramatic fist-clenching.
I grieve that, deeply. But I haven't given up yet.

That's a topic for a whole other post, of course.

2 comments:

Jade L Blackwater said...

I just had to drop a note and say, I LOVE that picture above. I can taste and smell the snow in an image like that! mmmm....

Trailhead said...

Thanks! I really needed that kind of compliment today, actually. :)