Dozing polar bear, Indianapolis Zoo

Monday, January 22, 2007

Bald Cypress

The cool thing about these conifers, apart from their wonderful knees and the fact that they harbor an unbelievably rich degree of wildlife, is that they lose their leaves in winter. (Larches are also conifers that shed their needlelike leaves.) Here's a brief clip of a tree from the Fakahatchee Strand State Preserve in southwestern Florida.



P.S. This may not be even remotely interesting to anyone but me. Mr. T just viewed the clip and said, "I don't get it. What's the big deal?" There is none. I just a) really like trees and b) have been getting way too happy lately with the digital video recorder.

4 comments:

Jade L Blackwater said...

Well I think it's cool! :D Might not be scoring as many viewers on YouTube as the commercial with the punching bear though...

Trailhead said...

Oh, I think I need a link to that one!

Jade L Blackwater said...

It's the second one in this video. The others are silly too of course:

funniest commercials ever

Just let me know if the link doesn't work and I'll type it out. ;)

Trailhead said...

Oh hell, I'm peeing my pants over here! That last one was pretty funny too.